Miracle Morning....

Friday August 29, 2016...... 8 years ago today, a great miracle took place.  We had said our goodbyes, whether we were really ready too or not.... we said it was ok for you to go, but still desperately praying that God would let us keep you just a little while longer.   I remember praying -that God would just let me hear you say momma one more time, that I could talk to you and that I could hear that contagious laugh.  I wasn't ready to let you go-then or even now.  

There were many tears shed leading up to that morning..... "weeping may endure for the night...... but Joy will come in the morning".     Was that even possible - I thought not.     Early that Friday morning- I watched as death seemed evident- but then it  was commanded to leave you.   I still don't know what all God revealed to you while you were sleeping in his presence, but I know that he showed you many things- despite all odds, you woke up-  and Ohhh what a message you brought with you.   I wanna go to heaven momma......  Shawn, promise me - PROMISE ME, you will not ever backslide....... you can't get to Heaven WITHOUT GOD..... Melinda, I will take care of your baby when I go to Heaven.. you did not question what was happening with you- you were not confused or discouraged, you came back to us with Heaven on your mind.   You never spoke of all the great wonders that you saw- maybe you could not put them into words, for the earthly mind can not comprehend and the worldly language does not contain the words of the glories of that Land.   There was no doubt  - that morning- We were given a miracle- and a child that was dying was released from deaths grip if for just a short while.   

There was no medical explanation that could be given that morning when you woke up-  the words from our doctor was----" You have been given a great gift today"   I sometimes wonder why God allowed you to stay with us for those 4 bonus months... could it have been that he had to get us all in a place that we accepted that he was going to take you--- did he use that time to show unbelievers that he still performs miracles in this modern world, did he answer a mother's desperate plea for one more day with her beautiful girl , was it to show you all the wonders of that city, and for you to release your self from this world, and prepare you for what was waiting?, was it to tell me that I needed to let go? was it for Shawn- because you needed a promise that you would see him again....  I don't really  know the reasons- and it doesn't really matter--- Joy did come in the morning.... maybe that was it-  to show us that weeping may endure for the night...but Joy comes in the morning. Joy definitely came to us that day. 

That miracle morning will always be so special to me, its something that we still talk about, something I still thank the Lord for.    We got 4 bonus months to love you up and we made sure that you knew just how special of a princess you are to us.    After that miracle morning- you made up your mind that Heaven had a greater pull on you - than this ole world.   Your desire was to go home.... January 2, 2009-   I had to let go-  as you reminded me just a couple days before then..... momma- remember what I told you?  You gotta let go--- I wanna go to Heaven.      I let you go---- for just a lil while....   today I am 2,796 days closer to being with you again in Heaven.    We miss you so much!!!!!  There is still weeping in the night since you have gone home, there are days that the pain of your absence is too much to contain- there are no words to describe the pain of losing you-  and sometimes all I can pray to  God is--please help me.     that final Joy will come.... the morning that we are all together in heaven, when there will never be another separation and I will never have to let go.      You have been enjoying the splendors of heaven for some time now.......   when I have been discouraged I can imagine you watching from Heaven - cheering me on....Run on Momma.... Run on. I love you my sweet angel.    I will forever be grateful for that miracle morning- and for those 4 bonus months the Lord granted us with you.   


Comments

Popular Posts