For Such A Time as this....

I have not blogged/journaled/shared in a really long time.   According to this blog it has been since 2017.  Silence.  A lot has happened over the last few years... I went back to school,  graduated in 2019 with my Master's in Nursing (Nurse Practitioner).  Kevin went back to College,  graduated with his Business Degree, Shawn graduated with his Bachelors in Religious Studies, and Hannah is currently in Nursing School and will graduate in May 2022.   We have been a busy bunch here on the Branch.    

The world looks much different today than it did at my last post.   I don't think any of us has ever seen anything like it.  We are still living in a Pandemic from a virus that is running rampant in our world.  There is more hate and adversity than I have ever seen in all my days.  I have gotten distracted by the events that are taking place. If I am honest - we all have.   I have not wanted to journal- for once I didn't have anything to say.   That's shocking even to me.   

One thing that still remains on the Branch - WE are still living for the LORD- HE is still faithful to our family.   I have been thinking a great deal lately about the things that are transpiring in our world, country, state, and communities.   There is an Unrest in our Land.    This journal entry is not a doom and gloom post.  It is anything but that.   It has not been that  long ago that I heard this statement made by one of the brothers in my church- "We are living in the best time of the Christian believer" I had been working that day and was tired and shamefully didn't think too much about that statement- weeks later it came back to my mind.  A moment of Clarity if you will-   We are LIVING in the best time of the Christian believer.  Now you may be thinking, Tonya has lost her mind. This is the worst time that we have ever seen.  Have you not been listening to the news or  Reading the headlines?    We are living in Perilous times!   

2 Timothy 3:1 says;  in the last days perilous times shall come.  Are we there?  It definitely seems like it.   

 But here is some good news:  Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

We very well could be on the brink of the greatest outpouring of the Spirit of God that has ever been. A Great Revival in these Last days.    Are we ready?  Am I ready?      When I stand before the almighty God - will I have done what he wanted me to do?    Did I allow the distractions of life to hinder me from telling others about HIM?   I saw a quote yesterday on a friend's face book post it read:     People watch you surviving and wonder why you haven't lost your mind..... make sure you tell them:  JESUS.

If you know me, you know my story.  But have I shared it with those who don't ?  Have I reminded others  that Jesus is still faithful. That I can not live one day without him.  That HE  is so worthy to be praised . That HE LOVES YOU and died for your sins.  Have I introduced anyone to him lately.   The enemy wants us to get so distracted and discouraged  by the things going on around us that we (me/I) have kept silent.  

I know that the LORD can keep you after loosing your child.  I know that he never leaves you in the depths of your grief. I know that the LORD can hold families together in the midst of adversity. I know that he can put food on your table when there was no money in the bank.  I know he answers prayers.   The LORD may not always work things out the way we think he should. But he said in his word  : Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.        Are we living in the calling of his purpose?  What is my calling in him? 

Mordecai said to Esther, “For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14).   When Mordecai tells Esther she may have been put here for such a time as this, what Mordecai is really doing is affirming Divine sovereignty. Each of us are here - for such a time as this - The unrest in this world today did NOT take the LORD by surprise.  He is not worried - or shaken by the things going on.   He is still on the THRONE and he is still GOD.  What is my calling /purpose at this time?  What is yours?  Are we fulfilling it ?     

Churches are empty,  Pastors /congregations are fatigued,  we are distracted, discouraged, dismayed, and many are disillusioned.    We must (I) must shake ourselves out of this slumber.   We are living in such an exciting time.     Luke 21:28  And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.  

I want to do better.  I want to show others the LOVE of JESUS.   He is MY EVERYTHING.  His appearing is closer than ever before.  Are we ready?   At his appearing -  I know that I want to kneel  at his feet and thank him for saving a wretched sinner like me- for keeping my mind when I thought I would lose it, for holding me when the waves of life knocks me off my feet.  I sometimes think of what it is going to be like when I get to Heaven..... Jesus is the first face I want to see-  I sometimes wonder if he will walk up to me holding the hand of my Brooklyn - because I know when she let go of mine- he took a hold of hers.  She has been gone from me for 12 years - if one day in heaven is as 1000 years - I am sure that this is still her first day in heaven and Jesus is still holding her tight , showing her all the wonders of that land.   This world is only temporary - the older I get - I now understand the statement - life is as a vapor.    I want my days to count- life is short and Eternity is long.  I want to make it and I want to take as many people with me as I can.   

If I can encourage you tonight- with my ramblings - Let's live in his  purpose  of our calling for such a time as this.  Rekindle that flame that is within us-  I want to be a part of a great revival/ in the middle of the outpouring of the spirit of GOD-  however the LORD wants to do it.  I don't want to miss out- distracted by the cares of life.  I want to endure til the end 

Matthew 24: 10-13   And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 


Blessings from the Branch. 

Tonya 


  



  



Comments

Popular Posts